Sunday, March 11, 2007

A brand new start


Today is a beautiful Sunday. I woke up feeling refreshed and ready for a brand new week. Hopefully it won't be like last week. Last week was such a nightmare, it had been a long with lots of ward rounds and appointments clashing with one another. Not only that, I was completely burnt out at the end of the week. Life as a medical student is so pretty interesting. My love for medicine grow after starting my clinical this year. In these 6 months, I have learned to talk to patients, empathise with their conditions as well as help them to get good advice and treatment.

Last week, I had a patient who couldn't speak English and I had to translate for him so that he could communicate with his doctor. It was in this short moment of time that I felt so important in the medical field. Not that third year medical students are useless but we all agree that 3rd year medics are a nuisance to doctors and patients sometimes. Back to the the patient, he was very grateful for my help and even gave me two packs of chinese biscuits to thank me. When I was eating the biscuitss, I thought the taste was so different from any other biscuits...they were the first that made me felt so satisfied and appreciated.

So many things have happened recently in my life. Some good ones and some bad ones. People say that we celebrate good news and learn from bad news. I wish I could do the same. In fact, there was one incident which changed my life tremendously. It was a hard decision, but I think it is the right one...and so let it be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Michigan Mesothelioma Lawyer Michigan Mesothelioma Lawyer Counter