Sunday, April 22, 2007

Yes or No to forgive and forget?


It's amazing how much I feel like blogging after being dormant for quite a few months. I should really be studying for my exam but yet I feel so restless and the need to feed my thoughts to the blog website. Suddenly I have a lot of things that I would like to share but yet I cannot say it out as I do not know how people would react to it. And I don't fancy the idea of broadcasting my thoughts either online to those people who know me. I don't know. It's just weird, that people read your blog and pretend to know you well. They might know what you've gone through but they are obviously not there when you were going through it. And that makes the whole difference. That is why I do not really tell people about my blog, I guess.

"The grass is always greener on the other side", the proverb goes. I definitely think so. There has not been a time that I have been perfectly satisfied with whatever I have. People tend to say that I have a lot of things that others don't and I need to be grateful for. Deep in my heart, I would be thinking 'what? there are so many girls who are so much more fortunate than I am. They have lots of things that I don't'. It is not until recently that I realised how lucky I have been. I have a very happy and caring family, not too many but really good friends, a considerably good education and moving towards a potentially one of the few money-making careers in the future. What else can I ask for?

Speaking about friends. It is always hard to find the perfect one who can understand and cares so much about you. Look around you, try to think how many people you had been angry at and chose not to talk to. I'm sure there are some friends that you keep just as acquaintances because they have some qualities that you do not think that they can qualify to be your friends. Try to remember some betrayals that had happened in the past, do you remember how hurt you were at that time? Does that remind you of how long you took to regain trust on friendship?

Now, I'm asking you to hold that dear to yourself, make a wish, and let it go. It is something worth remembering but not to hold on to. How long do you plan to keep that grudge? And you know that it is harder to hate than to forgive somebody. I know it is not easy but I have tried this a few times and it works for me. I am still friends with those who probably annoyed, betrayed or lied to me in the past. Probably impossible to be good friends with these again but it's better than making enemies.

What do you think? Do you have similar thoughts about certain friends who had done something to you and you would like to forgive him/her and forget about it? What would you do?

1 Comments:

Blogger Ravi said...

I vote yes to forgive and forget! :)
Yeah,i totally agree that it's easier to do that rather than hate someone. Nice to have you blogging again. Blog more often ya? :)

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Michigan Mesothelioma Lawyer Michigan Mesothelioma Lawyer Counter